RSS Feed

butterbeer cupcakes

0

Friday, July 22, 2011 by

Last weekend was one of my best friend's birthdays, but she pushed back her celebrations since we were away last weekend (talk about feeling special!).  I've been trying to think of the perfect cupcake to make for her birthday.  I considered doing some fondant, but figured I would run out of time.  She loves Harry Potter, Twilight and anything to do with anatomy!  Since I figured human organs would make for some weird cupcakes, and our male counterparts would never let us live down making them eat Twilight cupcakes, I figured Harry Potter cupcakes were the best bet.


I have never read the Harry Potter books, nor have I seen any of the movie's past the first, so I had to do a little bit of research.  Apparently the drink, "Butterbeer" is quite popular in the books, and has even been created to sell at the Harry Potter theme park.  I found a neat and easy recipe on amybites for her Butterbeer cupcakes.  Here's how they turned out!



I even added little Gryffindor flags are toppers (which look more brown and yellow, than the intended maroon and yellow... but you get the idea!), out of the colours printed on computer paper, taped to toothpicks!

I made two extras of these puppies for Mr. Norelle&Co and my daughter to try.  Two thumbs up from them; I just hope that everyone enjoys them tonight, especially the birthday girl!

-A

ps. I'm excited to use my Cupcake Carousel for the first time!


Leave a Reply

Pages

Powered by Blogger.
My photo
we all have places go to, things to do, and people to see. i am a mom, a forever student, a soon-to-be teacher, an earth sympathizer, and a want-to-be do it yourselfer. this is the way i see life, with all the things i love about it.