RSS Feed

diy felt flower pillow

0

Monday, July 04, 2011 by

Norelle has been in her "big girl" bed and room for almost a year now I think.  I was so excited to transform her room into a room that was somewhat little girlish, but had potential to grow with her as her style changes.  I knew that I wanted to paint her room a light green, and was so pleased to find Behr's "Key Lime".




It is a super fresh green, without being too 'baby' pale or too bright.  I found a bedding set at Target that is hot pink damask,  a pink lamp from Homesense, and pink curtains from Wal-Mart, and it really brought the room together.  We have Norelle's glider in her room from when she was a baby (which she gets more use out of now reading books with us, as she never needed to be rocked to sleep), and her room has been lacking some fun pillows.  



I found a tutorial on Vanessa Christenson's site for a Felt Flower Pillow and I knew I had to make one for N's room.  I found a fun fabric pattern that matched the colours in her room (I almost went with a baby blue gingham pattern, how could with that look!!), and used white felt.  I used a slightly smaller pillow that shown in the tutorial, so I used less petals.  It was SUPER easy to make, and I plan on creating more for gifts for friends.




-A


Leave a Reply

Pages

Powered by Blogger.
My photo
we all have places go to, things to do, and people to see. i am a mom, a forever student, a soon-to-be teacher, an earth sympathizer, and a want-to-be do it yourselfer. this is the way i see life, with all the things i love about it.