RSS Feed

happy (belated) father's day

0

Monday, June 20, 2011 by

We had a pretty exciting weekend around this parts.  On Friday, we attended a graduation party for myself, and my two friends, Trevor and Nina, (Norelle even managed to scam two pieces of cake out of us somehow)!  Saturday Norelle had her soccer pictures taken, we played at the park, ran through the sprinkler, I worked on my chair makeover while she napped, and then we had a girls night together, since my husband was out at a concert. Sunday, of course, we celebrated Father's Day!  We invited my parents and my grandparent's over (my in-laws would have been invited too, but they were away on vacation), for breakfast.  I figured I should do something beside's the usual scrambled eggs and bacon, so I prepared a different, but easy special Father's Day breakfast.




We started with a Watermelon and Strawberry Lemonade.  Then moved onto the meal; Baked Egg Toasty Cups, which I added a little shredded cheese in the bottom of the cup, before I put the egg in the cups; served them with Herbed Home Fries, Watermelon Feta Salad with mixed greens and easy dressing (3 tbsp balsamic vinegar, 6 tbsp olive oil, 3 tsp honey), and as a special treat, Maple Fresh Toast Bacon Cupcakes.




I saw a recipe online for cupcakes like these, and really wanted to try them out on my husband!  I figured that Father's Day would be the perfect time.  You can follow the recipe I posted above, but if you feel a little pressed for time, you can do what I did!  I bought a box of white cake mix, followed the ingredients on the box, but instead of the oil, I added maple syrup.  I also added 1 tsp cinnamon, 1 tsp nutmeg and a 1 tsp of vanilla extract.  I followed the directions for the frosting, and viola, maple french toast bacon cupcakes!  Although these have bacon in the title, and the whole point is the sweet and salty, I left one cupcake bacon free since I am a vegetarian, but hey, I thought I should be able to try these too!


I also used the cute printable's seen above found on Tatertots & Jello.  I hope that everyone had a wonderful weekend celebrating their dad's, stepdad's, grandfather's, greatgrandfather's, uncle's, and any special man in their life!


Happy Father's Day, thank you for all that you do.


-A


Leave a Reply

Pages

Powered by Blogger.
My photo
we all have places go to, things to do, and people to see. i am a mom, a forever student, a soon-to-be teacher, an earth sympathizer, and a want-to-be do it yourselfer. this is the way i see life, with all the things i love about it.